Postdoc position in radiobiology and molecular oncology
|Online seit|| |
12.07.2019 - 09:02
We are the Department of Radiotherapy and Radio-Oncology at Marien Hospital, the medical center of Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany. We are now seeking a postdoctoral scientist for the basic research unit of our clinic, who will start with us on 01.10.2019.
The candidate will continue our research with focus on motility and behavior of living malignant cells in response to irradiation. He/she will also establish new research programs employing innovative approaches to investigate molecular mechanisms of radiation response, e.g. the communication of malignant cells after irradiation via exosomes and gap junctions. Furthermore he/she will organize the laboratory part of clinical studies of the department. Part of his/her responsibilities will also include the supervision of practical courses and of master and medical doctoral theses.
- Work in a well-equipped and scientifically stimulating interdisciplinary environment in close contact to other research groups of the Medical Research Center.
- Being part of the Ruhr-Universität we offer the opportunity to organize and teach practical courses, scientific seminars and lectures
- Well trained technical assistants with high competence in the field.
- We offer a temporary half position with the perspective of a permanent job, salaried according to TV-L/E13.
- PhD in life sciences
- Self-contained development of research programs
- Experience with the acquisition of third-party funds
- Highly motivated, self-dependent, flexible, and strong social skills
- Fluent written and spoken German
Firmen- und Kontaktdaten
Marien Hospital Herne, Klinikum der Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Klinik für Strahlentherapie und Radio-Onkologie
Herr Helmut Bühler
+49 2323 4991058
Art der Beschäftigung
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |